Mildura West water tank Cathodic Protection
Design and Installation of ICCP into the clear water storage tank to prevent further corrosive damage.
- Date: Completed June 2020
- Client: Lower Murray Water
- Project Type: Design & Construction
Project Value: Upon request
About this Project
This is a project to install Impressed Current Cathodic Protection (ICCP) to provide supplementary corrosion protection to immersed internal steel surfaces of the Mildura West Water Treatment Plant Treated Water Storage Tank.
- Conduct initial structural steel assessment to determine existing damage
- Installation of cathodic protection including 44 anodes suspended from the roof structure, access walkways and appropriate handrails around the perimeter of the tank.
- Removal and replace existing power supply requirement and provide appropriate safety operational guidelines to enable safe use of equipment .
EDA was engaged to undertake all contract administration work, assessment of contractor documents and plans, claims, variations, day-to-day activities of the project. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in facilitating workshops, progress meetings, design and safety document reviews.
- Preparation of tender documents, tender evaluation and award.
- Preparation and Endorsement of Project Plans and Procedures including, Project Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, Procurement Management Plan, Resource Management Plan etc.
- Risk Management by conducting Risk Workshops, Identifying risks, identifying and implementing mitigation strategies.
Delivery of the Project
- within the program approved budget and 3 weeks ahead of time
- without any disruptions to the client’s operational activities
- without any safety incident, LTI’s and MTI’s
- without any environmental incidents
- without any damage to the third party assets
- without any infringements or NCR’s from local, state and federal authorities
BRISBANE | MELBOURNE | MILDURA | SHEPPARTON | MORANBAH | CHARTERS TOWERS
0431 601 947
0405 724 484
Shop 20, KP Shopping Centre,
SHAILER PARK QLD 4128
0431 601 947
1 Queens Road
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
0481 081 650
70 New Dookie Rd
SHEPPARTON VIC 3630