Golden Mile Road Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation of pavements of Golden Mile Road Dysart for a section of 3.5KM which has experienced horizontal movement and substantial pavement failure currently.
- Date: Completed June 2020
- Client: ISAAC Regional Council
- Project Type: Roads and Pavements
- Project Cost: Upon request
About this Project
The Golden Mile Road is a link road between Dysart township to Fitzroy Development Road at West and connects to Carfax Road and Silver K Road. It is a sealed road of a total of 35km in length with an average width of 7m. Due to the nature of soil type (Black Soil) in that locality, the pavement has been experiencing horizontal movement and substantial pavement failure.
The scope of the project involved the upgrade of the road and pavement which included –
- Excavation of existing pavement
- In-situ stabilization for 200mm depth of existing pavement using triple blend
- Pavement and embankment widening
- Supply and Installation of Road Furniture
- Pavement line markings
EDA was engaged to act as a superintendent and to undertake contract administration work, assessment of contractor documents and plans, claims, variations, day-to-day activities of the project. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in facilitating progress meetings and dispute resolutions.
Golden mile road
- Timely assessment and endorsement of Project Plans and Procedures.
- Project delivered amidst COVID-19 pandemic with all relevant government regulations and precautions.
- Project delivered within the program approved budget and time.
- Timely assessment of submitted progress claims and notices to contractor processed.
- Correct assessment of the submitted delay claims and variations leading to reduction of claimed amounts.
- No safety incident and any environmental incidents.
- Amicable dispute resolutions between the two parties of the contract.
BRISBANE | MELBOURNE | MILDURA | SHEPPARTON | MORANBAH | CHARTERS TOWERS
0431 601 947
0405 724 484
Shop 20, KP Shopping Centre,
SHAILER PARK QLD 4128
0431 601 947
1 Queens Road
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
0481 081 650
70 New Dookie Rd
SHEPPARTON VIC 3630