Eildon Wastewater Management Facility Tertiary upgrade
Design and construction of new Dissolved Air Floatation and Filtration (DAFF) based tertiary tretament system for Eildon Wastewater Management Facility (WMF)
- Date: Ongoing
- Client: Goulburn Valley Water
- Project Type: Design & Construction
Project Value: Upon request
About this Project
Project scope is to replace the existing tertiary treatment system at Eildon Wastewater Management Facility (WMF) with a DAFF based system. Existing system comprising of Flocculation tanks, Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) unit, Sand filtration unit, back wash pumps etc. has reached end of its design life and needs replacement. The new system will come as a package consisting of Flocculation tanks, DAFF unit, backwash pumps. DAFF system combines two different processes namely flotation and filtration in one unit and work in synergy.
EDA is responsible for Project Management of the whole project lifecycle:
- Reviewing business case, managing options assessment and functional design undertaken by third party consultant
- Budget management, Project reporting, Risk management, Communication and stakeholder management
- Tender creation and management
- Principal’s representative for the ‘Design and construction contract’
- Contract administration work inclduing assessment of contractor’s documents and plans, claims, variations, day-to-day activities of the project.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in facilitating workshops, progress meetings, design and safety document reviews.
Key Challenges and Achievements
- Managing risks of existing tertiary system which had reached end of its design life
- Stringent discharge licence conditions due to proximity to Lake Eildon.
- Process (DAFF) selection due to narrow difference between DAFF and Media filters
- Close and sustained laison with all internal parties to agree on the flow rate and technology selection (DAFF)
BRISBANE | MELBOURNE | MILDURA | SHEPPARTON | MORANBAH | CHARTERS TOWERS
0431 601 947
0405 724 484
Shop 20, KP Shopping Centre,
SHAILER PARK QLD 4128
0431 601 947
1 Queens Road
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
0481 081 650
70 New Dookie Rd
SHEPPARTON VIC 3630